For the past two weeks, Little One has been smacking his lips and turning away the nipple. No, he hasn’t developed an attitude problem – it’s his achy gums. I can hardly believe it but he’s already teething!
He’s picky about teethers. He won’t take just anything. The Baby Safe Feeder $5.95 is his preferred choice. I fill it with a small chunk of breast milk. The frozen treat soothes his gums and also fills his tummy. It is the perfect distraction during these uncomfortable periods.
In a couple of months, the Baby Feeder will be a helpful in introducing him to solid foods. Pieces of soft fruit or veggies can be inserted into the mesh feeder for him to suck and bite on. When babies are new to eating solids, it is important to keep a close eye on them. They haven’t mastered the art of chewing food properly and swallowing. Their airways are tight so even a small chunk of food can pose as a choking hazard if ingested incorrectly.
For older babies, the Wean Machine $24.95 is a neat little tool that parents can use to mix and mash up foods. It works like a giant garlic press. There are two plate settings, depending on how finely you want the food to be mashed. The Wean Machine is fantastic for on the go and here’s why:
• Mashes up food quickly in one or two squeezes. (This comes in real handy when you are at a restaurant and your little one wants to try out your food right NOW). Melt-down diverted.
• Can feed straight from the Wean Machine. No separate bowl required. Plus it comes with a spoon for easy feeding wherever you are.
• It comes with a cover. If baby doesn’t finish everything in one feeding, you can save it for later.
• Quiet. Runs on 100% man/woman-power.
• Completely portable. No plugs, no batteries required.
• Bright yellow. Easy to spot in the diaper bag (and on the counter).
• No sharp blades like other food processors.
• Made from BPA, phthalate and PVC free material. Sturdy and light-weight.
• Easy to clean. Dishwasher-safe.
It is your simplied and down-to-the-basics kind of food processing system. I like that it is practical and no-nonsense. Great for the diaper bag and also for home use. It doesn’t take up counter space like other fancy electronic blenders and food processors. With that being said, the Wean Machine is really good for making small servings of fresh food but there is still a need for the electronic food processor if you want to make large batches of baby food to freeze.
For more information on other innovative baby products, visit the Oyaco.com
My name is Betty. I am a new mom to a lovely baby boy. This is an exciting role for me. I’d like to share my journey of motherhood with like-minded individuals. I am sure you’ll be able to relate.
From time to time, I will be posting blogs and product reviews. I hope that you will enjoy reading my work and find it informative/useful.
Please feel free to leave a comment. I’d love to hear your feedback!